Friday, September 25, 2009

I Think I Just Chief'd in My Pants

The inaguaral post of my blog starts with what I would consider a fitting title. Something I'm pretty sure the head coach of said football team does most Sundays when it's time to make an actual decision on how to win a football game. The Chiefs' are in the top 10 in turnover differential, and only have two wins. "HELLO. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME."

Incidentally, why is it that when referring to anything "football" we have to use the word "football?" What a great football game. This is a great football team. He punted her like a football. Okay that doesn't fit. But couldn't we all just ban together under the agreement that we are all aware we're already talking about "football," so then there's really no need to continue on labeling it "football." No other sport does this, just the arrogant, played by savages, football. Football.

So let me get this straight. I get yelled at and slapped upside the helmet if I do something bad. I get yelled at and slapped upside the helmet if I do something good. Why would I want to play this sport again? Why would anyone want to play this sport? Granted I've made quite a nice life out of setting aside hours of my weekends to watch this sport, but I will never understand how people can seriously think cussing, hitting, and degrating another person can be consider both a compliment and a criticism. Imagine if this took place in a real life setting:

Boss: "That was a great 'bleeping' memo you wrote on the usage of the 'bleeping' break room Mike. Great 'bleeping' job. You owned that 'bleeper.' 'Bleep' those bastards that don't clean up after themselves. 'Bleep' them. 'Bleep.' (WHACK!)

Mike: "Yeah. Yeah. 'Bleep.' Yeah."

Ah football...

Hey Glen Dorsey had a great football game today. I heard his name mentioned twice. I wonder how Matt Ryan did...

Thigpen back to pass...throws to Dwayne Bowe...and he drops it...I love the overrated SEC players.

Chris Berman *hand gesture, hand gesture* is *hand gesture* really *hand gesture* annoying.

What did Emmitt Smith just say?

What did Shannon Sharpe just say?

Do you think the Cowboys' locker room has turned from "Yo' Momma" jokes into "your girlfriend is so dumb" jokes?

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment